3.07.2012

Review: Angels on Bare Skin

From the Lush Website:

Sometimes the best ideas are the old ones. This cleanser is based on an age old formula that uses the best of ingredients to amazing effects.

Angels on Bare Skin evens out skin tone, reduces redness and improves the health and appearance of your skin – giving a natural healthy glow.

The ground almonds in this product release their goodness and turn to an almond milk on your hand when you add water.

Almond milk has been used in many parts of the world for centuries as a toning and brightening ingredient.

We have mixed this with kaolin, to absorb grease and gently cleanse, vegetable glycerine to soften and moisturise the skin and a beautiful blend of essential oils, all chosen for their abilities to balance and tone the skin.

We then sprinkle the mix with lavender flowers as we roll it. Angels on Bare Skin is made from 100 percent natural ingredients – because when nature is this good, you don’t want to mess with her balance!

This is basically a solid that turns to a cleansing milk when you add the water. By taking out the water we have taken away the need to add preservatives – which makes this much kinder on your face and does not upset the skin’s own microflora. 

It is hard to tell you in words how fantastic this product is. Only by using it will you know its full value.

This product contains:

Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), *Limonene, *Linalool.







I’ve been using AOBS for more than a year now. The first time I used this, my eyes went saucer like because I can see how my skin transformed overnight! I got soft looking, dewy skin with smaller pores! Well, maybe it was because of the AOBS and Vanishing Cream combo but I never stopped using this cleanser since then (I had to give up vanishing cream after the trial pot, waaay too expensive but still planning to get one).

Aside from soft, moisturized skin, I had no problems with zits too, although I still get the occasional zits especially if it’s the time of the month.

I love it’s relaxing scent, and soft almond grains. It may not be the easiest product to apply, but I got used to it. A tub lasted for about 1 1/2-2 months (I wouldn’t make it last longer than that as I just use my fingers to scoop it) so it is kind of expensive (495php).

Another thing to consider is to apply moisturizer after this cleanser. I noticed after months of using this that I tend to get some dry rough patch on my cheeks if I skip on the moisturizer.

Scent - 5/5

Value - 3/5

Effectiveness - 4/5

Repurchase - Yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment