4.03.2012

Review: Snoe's S Skin SPF30 Stem Cell Sunblock Cream

As I have seen you luvvies are interested with this product line, might as well make a review of another product from Snoe, the S Skin SPF30 Stem Cell Sunblock Cream.

(photo from Snoe)

I bought this because the moisturizer I was using at that time has no SPF (Lush Celestial), and I was noticing some sun spots (dark spots) on my face. Another thing is, you know my fixation right now for anti-aging creams right? Their claim on "stem cell" in this sunblock cream bought me!

From the Snoe website, this product contains:

  • Dimethicone (and) Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer
  • Water
  • Isonyl Isononano.Te
  • Cyclopenant Asiloxane
  • Sorbitan Isostearate
  • Lauroyl lysine
  • Polyglycery-4
  • Isostearate
  • Hexyl Laurate
  • Sesamum Indicum (sesame seed oil)
  • Diazolidinyl Urea (0.20%)
  • Lecithin
  • Citric Acid
  • Deionized Water
  • Sodium Chloride
  • Titanium Dioxide
  • Iron Oxides
  • Xanthan Gum
  • Fragrance
  • Cetyl Alcohol
  • Steryl Alcohol
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Phenoxyethanol
  • Rh-Oligopeptide-1
  • Lecithin
  • Butylene Glycol
  • Phenyl Trimethicone
  • Glycine
  • Tricetereth-4 Phospate
  • Vitis Vinifera (Grape)seed Oil
  • Sodium Hyaluronate

It claims to: 
  • Reduced wrinkles
  • Firmir skin
  • Smoothed hydrated skin
  • Protect from UV damage
  • Make up glides more smoothly
  • Toned skin
  • Even skin tone
  • Dark spot prevention and repair
  • Over all luminous white skin
  • Refined skin texture

The first thing I noticed about this product when I opened it was the pink tinge. Aside from that, it has a very thick, creamy consistency and a very strong fragrance (though I am not really bothered by it, I think the scent is ok)
(thick pink cream)

At first I thought it will bring a very white cast on photos with flash, but you can see here that it is not really the case with this sunblock cream...well maybe a bit.

(shot comparison: hard vs soft light)  

I like that it makes my face smooth and my pores smaller when applied. Maybe the effects on wrinkles and whitening will be visible after weeks of use, but I cannot really attest to that as I am using a night cream and an eye cream.

Aside from being a sunblock cream, they claim that you can also use it as a make-up base. I tried this once, and never again. Ha! Everything on my face just slid off (tint and highlight), so maybe it's better to wear this alone. I also find it kinda heavy for a very humid climate, so better use this inside with the aircon on, or you can use it outside if the weather is cold.

Scent - 3/5

Value - 4/5

Effectiveness - 3/5

Repurchase - No (Not as sunblock cream, I really find this very heavy on the face, but will still use sometime as it makes my pore look smaller)



2 comments:

  1. Great blog you have right here! Made me an instant follower! Keep it up! I'm a newbie blogger by the way, hope you can support!

    http://somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete