4.23.2012

Review: Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! Foundation

I've been lemming for this foundation for weeks! And as you can read from my last haul post, I bought this first week of April. So, let me get started with my review as I am very much excited with this product.

Let me give you a little background on my make-up habit: NONE. Ha!

I don't know how to use a foundation, a sponge, how to pick the right blush, how to use eyeliner, basically I know nothing about make-up! So I try to watch videos, read forums and buy stuff to try. I got interested with Benefit's Hellow Flawless Oxygen Wow! because I read that it's so easy to apply, just like some tinted moisturizer...and true enough it is!

(dreamy...haha) 

I bought this at their Greenbelt 5 boutique for 1900php (not cheap!) and got the color in beige (as suggested by the SA). As for the scent, I don't think there is any so no problem with that.

(a free sample of Porefessional Pore Minimizer inside the box :D)

I then searched for a way on how to apply foundation over at Youtube, and figured that a penny size is enough!
(taken with  a flash, a bit of a white cast but still ok :D)

I tried to use my fingers, it blends well but I read somewhere that using a wet sponge will provide a more flawless finish. So I bought some cheap sponge (I'm a cheapskate hehe!) and tried to wet it and voila! It really is easier and the finish is dewy. As for the coverage, I think it is buildable from light to medium to heavy. But I would rather stay with the light-medium range, I hate looking too made up so I still got some spots uncovered (I think a concealer will do the trick for this)

So here it is!...Gaah I'm soo excited. Note: Camera used is only a camera fone (yep, no P&S camera yet)..no flash just bright living room light 

(too light coverage, see that spot on my chin, ok don't mind the mole on my lips hehe)

Ok, so I road tested it last weekend on a wedding I attended in Tagaytay (not as hot as Manila) and after four hours, oil started to build up on my t-zone. So yeah, lasting power is not that much, but hey, I still love it to bits :D
(road tested it when I attended a wedding last weekend)

How about you? Have you tried this foundation?

Scent - 5/5

Value - 4/5

Effectiveness - 4/5

Repurchase - Yes!

1 comments:

  1. Hello there dear. I am taking this time out to applaud your blog and let you know that you are doing a fantastic job on this blog. Please keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete