2.22.2012

Review: Lush Lemony Flutter

From the Lush website:

Softens hard skin all over the body, especially the cuticles. We made Lemony Flutter to soften your cuticles; it’s our thickest cream out there. It’s so good at softening your cuticles and nourishing your nails that Lush customers have been using it to soften and nourish lots of other body parts like their feet, elbows and knees. Fortunately, it’s a very reasonably priced cream, so you can afford to use it as widely as you wish. Take more care of your extremities and invest a small sum in a Lemony pot.

This item contains: Fresh Organic Lemon Infusion (Citrus limonum), Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Beeswax (Cera alba), Lanolin, Soya Oil (Glycine soja), Organic Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Organic Cold Pressed Flaxseed Oil (Linum usitatissimum), Mango Butter (Mangifera indica), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Castor Oil (Ricinus communis), Perfume, Organic Cold Pressed Wheatgerm Oil (Triticum vulgare), Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Triethanolamine, Stearic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral, *Geraniol, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Methylparaben, Propylparaben





When I first saw this tub, my first impression was “this small?!” and the rubbery-lemony scent was not impressive either. But as I was looking for something moisturizing enough for my cuticles, I still bought it.



I scooped a pea-sized amount and dabbed some on my fingernails and toes (a little really goes a long way), and scooped a generous amount (a bit larger than pea-sized) for my callouses, heels, etc. With this, I knew that if I don’t use this twice everyday, I will go beyond the expiration date! I mean, really, you can really get a lot of this stuff from this small pot!

You don’t have to wait a week or month to notice the difference, you just need to apply this once! My nails felt moisturized, my toes are not the usual white-dry, dirty looking anymore! They are nourished and moisturized. After weeks of using, my callouses seemed softer now and even prevented new ones! (On the sides of my feet)

I still use this even after the expiry period (about a month already) because it still got the same texture, consistency and smell. And I am only using it on my feet and not my face (I wouldn’t dare take that risk) so I guess that it is just okay.

All in all, this is a great product even if I didn’t like the smell.

Scent - 2/5

Value - 5/5

Effectiveness (Results) - 5/5 (after using once!)

Repurchase - Yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment